Your privacy is taken very seriously and we are dedicated to handling your information in a secure and responsible manner.
This policy sets down the various areas where user privacy is involved and outlines the obligations and requirements for website users and owners. The policy also covers the way this website will protect user data as well as storing and processing that information.
Chalkland Vets may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15/01/2019.
Client data and clinical records
We do not use client data for purposes other than to provide necessary veterinary services from ourselves. We do not share data with unassociated companies and we will not use client data inappropriately. Clinical records remain the property of the client and at any time a request may be made for a copy of the clinical records. Similarly, a copy of any recorded image e.g. x-rays can be made available to the client, when a suitable recording media has been supplied.
This website/the website owners take a proactive strategy on user privacy and provide appropriate measures to safeguard the privacy of users for the duration of their visit. The website complies with UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such details requested at their own risk. Personal information will be private and stored securely until it is no longer needed; details can be found in the Data Protection Act 1998. This website endeavours to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission procedure but visitors using these forms do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to supply further information about the products/services they offer or to help in answering any queries you might have. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter the website uses but only if this was made clear to you and your permission was granted when submitting any form. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased or enquired about purchasing a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is not a complete description of your rights in regard to receiving email marketing communications. Your details will never be passed on to any third party.
Even though this website seeks to provide quality, safe and relevant external links, users ought to apply a policy of caution before following any external web links from this website. Such links are followed at the user’s own risk.
The website owners can neither guarantee nor verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their very best efforts. The website owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications as a result of visiting any external links mentioned.
We encourage you to be cautious and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects your information.
This privacy statement only applies to information collected on this website.
IMPORTANT GDPR Legislation Changes
With the GDPR regulation coming into force on 25th May 2018 we need to ensure you are happy in the way in which we communicate with you. We now have 7 different categories that form the basis of our client communications so we can be very specific in what we do and don’t send you.
Legitimate Business Interests
- Vaccine Reminders
- Parasite Treatment Reminders
- Appointment Reminders
- Health Check Reminders
- Reviews and Surveys
We deem these categories as ‘legitimate business interests’. This means we think they are critical for us to provide you and your pet the best possible healthcare service.
- Practice/Pet Care Advice
- Offers and Promotions
These ‘marketing categories’ keep you and your pet up to date with offers and promotions relating to your pet and the practice.
For each of the above, you can choose to be contacted by text/SMS, email or letter (or a combination of all three) or not contacted at all.
How do I review and change my communications preferences?
To review your communications preferences please contact your Practice (either in person or over the phone) and they will update them immediately. If at any point you change your mind in the future, we can change them again as required.
This website operates an email newsletter, which is sent out to let subscribers know what we have to offer. Site visitors can subscribe via a form on the website but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be processed manually given prior written agreement from the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details pertaining to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are transferred on to third parties nor shared with companies/people outside of the company that operates this website.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you can request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter system. The user will have to pay a small fee for this. Should you like a copy of this information please make contact via the information on the contact page of this website.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and kept in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Tracked activity can consist of email opens, email forwarding as well as the following of links within the email, times and dates. This is by no means a complete list.
This information is used to fine-tune future email campaigns and furnish the user with additional relevant content built around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers can unsubscribe at any point via an automated system. The user can initiate unsubscription by finding the relevant details inside each email newsletter.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may include sponsored links and adverts. These sponsors and advertisers may have privacy policies regarding the adverts they serve.
Interactions made through external social media services that this website and its owners participate with are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media service.
Users are encouraged to use social media platforms sensibly and with due care and attention in respect of their own privacy and personal details. We will never ask for sensitive information through social media services and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to get in contact through primary communication channels like telephone and email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media services in question. Users are strongly advised prior to using these buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media service may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media account.
Users should use good judgement before clicking any shortened web addresses (urls). This website will try to ensure only safe and relevant urls are posted. However, social media platforms can be prone to spam and hacking; for this reason this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications as a result of following any shortened links.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new visitor, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the contact form OR registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Chalkland Vets Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: Chalkland Vets, 41-42 New Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1HL. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Chalkland Vets, 41-42 New Road, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1HL. Email email@example.com
It is essential for the function of our site that we place a text file called a ‘cookie’ in the browser files of your computer when you visit. The cookie may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information that we collect using cookies is non-personal information. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our website may not work properly if you do.
We will not allow third parties to place cookies on our website Some third parties serve cookies on other sites that help us improve our service. For example, like most companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic.